LM7915 Linear Voltage Regulator
7915 is a negative 15V Voltage Regulator that restricts the voltage output to -15V and draws -15V regulated power supply. The 7915 is the most common, as its regulated -15 volt supply provides a convenient power source for most TTL components.
7915 is a series of 79XX negative voltage regulators (as known as L79xx, LM79xx, MC79xx...), the xx is replaced with two digits, indicating the output voltage (for example, the 7905 has a negative 5-volts output, while the 7912 produces negative 12-volts).
- Circuits requiring steady -15v supply
- Protection for devices having specific voltage sensitivity
- DIY projects requiring specific voltage from an existing higher/ varying voltage supply
- Fixed negative 15V voltage regulators
- 4% tolerance on preset output voltage.
- Thermal overload protection
- Short circuit protection
- Output transition SOA protection
- Heatsink is required
|Product Name||LM7915 Linear Voltage Regulator|
|Mounting Style||Through Hole|
|Current Output||up to 1.5A|
|Dropout Voltage||1.4 V @ 1A|
|Operating Temperature||0 to +125°C|
|Input Voltage||-17.5 to -35VDC|
|Dimensions||10.4 x 4.6 x 9.15mm|
|Output Voltage||15V dC|