LM7815 Positive Voltage Regulator
LM7815 is a fixed-voltage integrated-circuit voltage regulator designed for a wide range of applications. 7805 voltage regulator provides 15V Positive voltage as output to provide a convenient power source for most TTL components. 7815 voltage regulator is available in TO-220, TO-220FP, TO-3, and D2PAK packages.
Voltage regulators are very common in electronic circuits. They provide a constant output voltage for a varied input voltage. The name 7815 signifies two meanings, “78” means that it is a positive voltage regulator and “15” means that it provides 15V as output. So our 7805 will provide a +15V output voltage.
The output current of this IC can go up to 1.5A. But the IC suffers from heavy heat loss, hence a Heat sink is recommended for projects that consume more current. For example, if the input voltage is 20V and you are consuming 1A, then (20-5) * 1 = 15W. This 15 Watts will be dissipated as heat.
- 15V Positive Voltage Regulator
- Minimum Input Voltage is 17V
- Maximum Input Voltage is 35V
- Output Current: 1.5 A
- Internal Thermal Overload and Short circuit current limiting protection is available.
- Junction Temperature maximum of 125 degree Celsius
- Available in TO-220, TO-3 and KTE package
|Product Name||LM7815 Positive Voltage Regulator|
|Output Current||1.5 A|
|Storage temperature||- 65 to +150|