For explaining the wireless communication we will make two examples, the first one will be sending a simple “Hello World” message from one Arduino to another, and in the second example we will have a bi-directional communication between the Arduino boards, were using the Joystick at the first Arduino we will control the servo motor at the second Arduino, and vice versa, using the push button at the second Arduino we will control the LED at the first Arduino.
Let’s take a closer look at the NRF24L01 transceiver module. It uses the 2.4 GHz band and it can operate with baud rates from 250 kbps up to 2 Mbps. If used in open space and with lower baud rate its range can reach up to 100 meters.
- low operating voltage: 1.9 ~~ 3.6V low-voltage
- high-rate: 2Mbps, air transmission time is very short, greatly reducing the wireless transmission of collision phenomena (software settings 1Mbps or 2Mbps air transmission rate)
- Multi-frequency points: 125 frequency points, to meet the multi-point communications and frequency hopping communications needs
- ultra-compact: built-in 2.4GHz antenna compact 15x29mm (including antenna)
- Low power consumption: when in answer mode communication, fast air transmission and start-up time greatly reduces the current consumption.
|Product Name||NRF24L01 Transceiver|
|Power||Ultra low power consumption|