The HCC4098B (extended temperature range) and HCF4098B (intermediate temperature range) are monolithic integrated circuit, available in 16-lead dual in-line dual in-line plastic or ceramic package and plastic micro package. The HCC/HCF4098B dual monostable multivibrator provides stable retriggerable/resettable one-shot operation for any fixed voltage timing application. An external resistor (RX) and an external capacitor (CX) control the timing for the circuit. Adjustment of RX and CX provides a wide range of output pulse widths from the Q and Q terminals.
The time delay from trigger input to output transition (trigger propagation delay) and the time delay from reset input to output transition (reset propagation delay) are independent of RX and CX.
Leading-edge-triggering (+ TR) and trailing-edge triggering (– TR) inputs are provided for triggering from either edge of an input pulse. An unused + TR input should be tied to VSS. An unused – TR input should be tied to VDD. ARESET (on low level) is provided for immediate termination of the output pulse or to prevent output pulses when power is turned on.
An unused RESET input should be tied to VDD. However, if an entire section of the 4098B is not used, its RESET should be tied to VSS. See table I. In normal operation the circuit triggers (extends the output
pulse one period) on the application of each new trigger pulse. For operation in the non-triggerable mode, Q is connected to –TR when leading-edge triggering (+ TR) is used or Q is connected to + TR when trailing-edge triggering (– TR)is used.The time period (T) for this multivibrator can be approximated by TX = 1/2 RX CX for CX ≥ 0.01 µF. Time periods as a function of RX forvalues of CX and VDD are given in fig. 8.
- Values of T vary from unit to unit and as a function of voltage,temperature, andRX CX.
- The minimum value of external resistance, RX, is 5 k. The maxi mum value of external capacitance, CX, is 100µF.
- Fig.9 shows time periods as a function of CX for values of RX and VDD.
- The output pulse width has variations of ±2.5%typically, over the temperature range of – 55°C to 125° C for CX = 1000pF and RX = 100k.
- For power supply variations of ± 5%, the output pulse width has variations of ± 0.5% typically, for VDD = 10V and 15V and ± 1% typically, for VDD = 5 V at CX = 1000 pF and RX = 5k.
|Product Name||IC HCF4098BE 16 Pins Integrated Circuits|
|Output Current||, Low: 6.8mA, 6.8mA|
|Supply Voltage||3V ~ 20V|
|Mounting||Type : Through Hole|
|Operating Temperature||-55°C ~ 125°C|